Sunday, October 22, 2006

Your attacks make you look stupid

Today I'm sitting here watching some football and an ad comes on. It's Canada Jenny attacking DeVos on his stance on abortion. Here's the kicker to anyone who knows anything about government. Until the United States Supreme Court realizes abortion is NOT a Constitutional right, the Michigan governor's stance on the issue doesn't mean jack. How could DeVos outlaw almost all types of abortion when the Supreme Court says it's a woman's right? It's like hiring an IT coordinator and getting upset because they don't wear clothes that match. Doesn't really have much to do with the job right now.

So what does this amount to? Granholm is doing nothing but 1. Scaring the clueless into voting for her and 2. Taking a pot shot at DeVos that really means nothing. Also, what it amounts to for people like me is that Granholm doesn't even know the scope of the position she's held for the past 4 years. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sick of the negative attacks on both sides.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think some of his ads have been great, but I saw one yesterday with his daughter in it... for me thats kind of a reach.

Dan Roth said...

Yeah. That's the kind of ads I like to see. It's about the candidate and not their opponent. As a voter I'm interested in DeVos and what he's done and has to offer. I don't like the whole tactic of scaring people out of voting for the competition.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Mud slinging might not be the best way to run ads, but people that watch politics know how to do research and will do research on each canidate. However there are some people who wont. those are the people to will base their desicion on an advertisement and poplarity. I think thats where mud slining is effective. it may not be right, but for some,its the only way to get a point across for change.

Anonymous said...

For the record, Dick's daughter is a cutie :D