Friday, June 30, 2006

Don't Go WMU

An interesting notice appears on Western's GoWMU website:

Date: June 27, 2006

Subject: Summer I grades available July 3

Grades for Summer I session will be available through GoWMU by 5 p.m. Monday, July 3.

To view grades, students should use the following steps: (1) click on "Students" under "Academic Services" on the GoWMU home tab, (2) click on the link under "My Self-Service," (3) click on "Student Self-Service," (4) click on "Academic Services," and (5) click on "Final Grades."

We agree there are too many steps in this process, and it will be simpler in the future. (Emphasis added)

If no grade is listed for one of your courses, it is because your instructor has not turned in a grade, yet.

Registrar's Office
registrar-info@wmich.edu

I'm guessing they've gotten some complaints.

I think this cartoon perfectly summarizes the situation with the GoWMU site.

No comments: