Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago

I still remember that Tuesday morning when, hovering between sleep and wake, I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I had a 9:30 class, but was planning to drop it, and so I was sleeping in in my dorm room. My Dad soon called asking if I had heard, and I turned on the television.

I watched television most of the day, and I saw both the towers collapse live on TV. I remember having a sick feeling in my stomach.

Classes were cancelled at noon. There was a prayer service later in the day. My roommate went, but I didn't. Someone repeated a rumor that gas would be going up to three dollars. Since my tank was near full, I didn't see a need to get any.

I was finally peeled away from the television to get dinner in the dining hall. People talked quietly.

The rocks in Goldsworth Valley were painted in red, white and blue. While they are typically painted every couple days, they stayed that way for months.

Remember.

Remembering September 11

9/11 and Immigration
College Republicans of WMU honor the victims of 9/11 in a tribute of 2,997 flags
Notes from the Chairman

No comments: