His accomplishments speak for themselves.
- He liberated 300 million or so people from communist tyranny and ended the Cold War without firing a shot.
- He ended the disastrous stagflation of the 1970s and set the stage for 25 years of economic growth.
- He pushed through a major tax cut, rolled back regulations, and cut government spending as a proportion of GDP.
- He rebuilt the American military.
- He revived the American spirit.
Liberals hated him then and try to misrepresent him now. He was right and they were wrong.
Those of us too young to remember much of his presidency got a taste of Reagan's America in 2004 upon his death when for one glorious week liberals had to shut up while we celebrated Reagan and what he stood for.
Reagan remains incredibly applicable today. Listening to his classic A Time for Choosing speech from 1964, for example, is amazingly prescient about the issues we still face.
A Time for Choosing