Mayor Bobby Hopewell leads fundraising for Kalamazoo City Commission campaigns; incumbents outraising challengers by nearly 2-to-1 margin
- Incumbent Mayor Booby Hopewell raised $16,697 so far in his bid for re-election. Hopewell had $7,652.34 left as carryover from his last campaign, and has spent a total of $11,935.44
- Incumbent Bob Cinabro has raised $11,950.77 and spent $11,144.41.
- Incumbent David Anderson has raised $9,805 and spent $8,153.
- Newcomer Jeff Weisman has raised $9,645 and spent $3,852.
- Incumbent Barb Miller has raised $8,130 and spent $6,279.
- Newcomer Tracy Hall has raised $7,135 and spent $5,195.
- Newcomer Jack Urban has raised $6,785 and spent $5,368.
- Incumbent Don Cooney has raised $4,735 and spent $4,692.
- Newcomer Nick Boyd has raised $1,340 and spent $1,286.
- Newcomer E. Allen Hayes has raised $3,305 and spent $3,189.
Based on these figures, it would seem that Weisman, Hall, Urban, or Hayes are the most likely to win the open seat.