Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tap Them Wires!!!

So I've been having a hard time dealing with this "warrantless" wire tapping issue. As I'm sure many of you know, a federal judge in Michigan declared it illegal for our friends at the NSA to continue tapping into phone calls coming from or going to other countries.

Now for the past few months I've been working in the shipping business at a UPS Store. This means I've handled a decent amount of international shipping. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that customs can do whatever they darn well please with a package that enters their country. For example, if a package comes into the US, it can be opened and inspected for whatever reason. There is no need for a warrant. This includes letters too. So what's the difference between looking into a package or a letter going internationally and looking into a phone communication going internationally? It just doesn't make sense to me. I support the movement to impeach this justice. Because much like the Dixie Chicks are ashamed Bush is from Texas, I'm ashamed this attack on national security went down in the great state of Michigan.

No comments: