Monday, June 04, 2012

Steve Pestka Flips of Abortion

Moderate democrat Steve Pestka is facing a challenge from leftist Trevor Thomas while seeking the nomination to challenge Justin Amash in the 3rd congressional district.

Pestka had a pro-life voting record in the state house which he is now running away from. He has recently switched his position on abortion, in a move sure to satisfy nobody.

Steve Pestka's Pro-Life Voting Record Sparks Debate In Michigan Democratic Primary
“I consider myself to be personally pro-life to the extent that I would never advocate to anyone that they get an abortion, but at the end of the day that’s not my decision to make," he also said in an interview with The Battle Creek Enquirer.

"I don’t believe in making abortion illegal," he said, adding, "Let me be very clear about this. I am not in support of any legislation before the United States Congress that would defund Planned Parenthood.”

No comments: